Sunday, October 5, 2014

Final Post



I have found that this whole blogging thing is quite difficult for me. I haven’t really ever blogged before and I’m not really good at finding things to write about. Each time that I wrote a blog it normally took me thirty minutes to an hour just to figure out what I was going to write about then another thirty to figure out how to write it all out. This was probably the most difficult assignment so far that I have had to complete in this class. I’m not the most creative person in the world so it was quite a challenge for me in general. When I did know exactly what I wanted to write about, my writings were so much better and I could get them written fairly quickly. I also think that this assignment made me get better as a writer because I was able to just write without thinking about it towards the end of it. I also was able to be more creative with my writing I think anyways. I found out that it was normally easier to find a topic that I could relate to and then just stay on that one topic. I think that if I would have free wrote then my blogs wouldn’t have made much sense and that they would have just been “blah”. I liked how I had a way to vent and put all of my feelings down when I needed to. I thought that that was probably the best thing about it because I get stressed an awful lot. I didn’t really like that we had to write every single day though because I’m not very creative as I’ve said before. I don’t think up of things to write about quite as well as others I’m sure. If I only had to write every other day I think that I would have had a lot more to talk about than if I had to do it every single day. I think that this assignment had changed me in a way that I could write better and faster to meet the goal of my writings. I really think that my writing has gotten better as I have went through this process. I also think that it helped me to write my other essays. It made it easier to make up a story and helped me to use more descriptive words throughout my writing I believe. I would like to blog some more for one reason only. It made me grow as a writer and I think that that is great because I have never really been good at it. I think that, in the future, I might end up writing more either in a journal or even in blog form. This blogging assignment really helped me all in all, and for the good.

3 comments:

  1. It was the same with me. I am glad it helped you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free writing is a great tool to get you started, but I don't think it was meant to sit in as a final product. Maybe if you had free wrote for 15 minutes and then edited it you would have been done sooner? I know that's how it worked for me at least. But everyone is different! I still enjoyed reading what I saw from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very nice reflection. Fluency is often the roadblock that keeps students from writing success. It makes sense that fluency is a challenge to work toward. You should be pleased with your progress. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete