Saturday, September 20, 2014

Work



When I was growing up, I always thought that I would love to start working like my mom and dad did. I thought that it would be the most fun thing that I had ever did. My parents always came home from work happy and that made me think that they were having fun at work. Now I know they were just glad to be home. Work isn’t too bad. It all depends on where you work and what you do. I take care of a guy that is 35 years old. He really wasn’t supposed to live past 12 years old though. He has something called cerebral palsy which makes his brain not work quite right. He cannot speak. He can only laugh, grunt, and moan basically. His name is Quintin, and he is happy most of the time, even though he is in a wheel chair and really only has one mobile arm. It’s pretty fun taking care of him because he just plays all day or lays down on the couch and watches TV. I just take care of his every need. I love going to work even though it can get boring sometimes. All that I do is watch him and make sure that he gets a lot of attention. I’m actually at work right now playing with his cards with him. He just laughs and laughs when we play with his cards. He especially laughs when I let him pet my puppy, Bandit. We have so much fun in his eyes. He can’t do much, so when I take him outside it seems like he is in a whole other world. He just smiles at everything. Even the breeze hitting his cute little face makes him so happy. I love taking care of this guy very much.

1 comment:

  1. Its amazing how another life can touch your own isn't it? The fact that you and I are "normal", and get bored even though we can do anything we want. Here Quintin is mostly trapped in his own mind like a prison but having fun with what most of us would never consider anything more than a normal, boring activity, or even something that we dread. Pay attention and he will teach you so many things you thought you knew!

    ReplyDelete