Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Moving around



As I have grown up, I have lived in over 10 different houses. I’m not quite sure the exact amount because I was little while we lived in a lot of them. I always thought that it was so cool getting to move around all of the time and still stay in the same area. I loved getting to live in all of these strange houses while I helped build all of our new houses. It was fun building all of the houses that we lived in because my grandpa would give me all of the scrap wood and some nails to build me something of my own. I always ended up building me a chair out of the wood. They were always lopsided and very “topsey turvey”. I would sit down in them then lean it up against a wall so it wouldn’t tip over then ask my grandpa how great it was. The only bad thing about moving around so much, was that I could never really get attached to anywhere. I loved so many of the houses that my family lived in but I never got a chance to get used to any of them. It was always fun to get to see what my mom could come up with though. She was the one who always came up with our house plans. All of the houses always ended up so amazing to me and so roomy but my mom always found one thing wrong with every plan that she made. A room was too small or she wouldn’t like the “transitions” going into each room. I thought that it was so funny watching her say that we had to build another house because she messed up. Every time she would get upset when she didn’t get it right. I thought that they were all great and we are finally settling down and I will be moving out real soon to be with my fiancé. I can’t wait to start my new life with him.

3 comments:

  1. I didnt grow up in 10 different houses, but i did attend 8 different schools from k-12. We moved a few times within the same city, and the school built a bunch of schools as i grew up and the district lines kept changing. I even switched schools halfway through my 7th grade year. It was indeed very cool to see all of the different places throughout my childhood. Although now its hard to recall which events happened at what school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you cannot edit a post, which i find odd..

      "and the city* built a bunch of schools as i grew up..."

      Delete
  2. It is interesting to see the "effects" of someone who moved around. Ive only lived in 4 different houses and spent no less than 5 years in each so I got to get used to each of them. I went to the same school all the way from preschool to high school graduation. Not going to lie, sometimes I wish I would have gotten to experience being the new kid, but at the same time it was cool knowing everyone all the way from preschool.

    ReplyDelete